Senior Systems Administrator - Edmonton, AB
The Gear Centre Group of Companies includes multiple well established organizations with branches across Canada and we want you to be part of our continued success!
We are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Systems Administrator at our Administration Office in Edmonton, AB. Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates who value winning together.
The Senior Systems Administrator is an integral part of the information technology and systems support teams. Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will have senior level responsibility for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing core I.T. infrastructure.
- Ensuring backups complete each day
- Ensuring renewals (warranty, support, domains, etc.) are tracked and accounted for in budgets
- Auditing I.T. Infrastructure to inform stakeholders of gaps or improvements in the I.T landscape
- Serve as final technical escalation point for service requests from the help desk
- Procurement, RFP, RFQ through primary vendors
- Coordinating other technicians working with end users on resolving issues
- Recommending new technologies that align with business goals and outcomes
- Reviewing trends in I.T. service requests to find permanent solutions to issues
- Supporting other technical positions to ensure best possible service delivery
- Maintain the server and network landscape (patches, updates, hotfixes, etc.)
- Provide in-person service to end users with tickets that are not able to be addressed remotely
- Work directly with application vendors to ensure system performance meets expectation
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 3+ years’ experience in a server generalist or systems administrator role with experience in the following areas:
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 Active Directory, and Win 7 & Win 10 operating systems
- Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2016
- Managing Fortigate routers, firewalls, and general networking. Solid knowledge of TCP/IP and Switching
- Managing Fiber Channel fabrics
- Storage solutions, or a solid understanding of enterprise storage concepts
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services in a session based farm
- Operational knowledge of leading virtualization platform: Sphere 6.5
- Experience monitoring and maintaining systems and the ability to ensure their optimal performance
- Exceptional attention to detail complemented by strong communication skills
- Proven ability to perform under tight timelines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Relevant IT post-secondary education
- Experience with the following would also be considered an asset:
- IT security tools
- Public cloud (Azure/AWS)
- Office 365
- Datacentre management (HVAC, power, security etc.)
- VOIP telephone systems
- Mobile device management
We Offer Excellent Wages, Comprehensive Benefits, and Career Growth Opportunity!
We are proud to be dedicated to Equity in the workplace and encourage all interested candidates to apply.