Sales Project Manager for Automatic Transmissions - Surrey, BC
The Gear Centre Group is one of the largest powertrain parts and service providers in North America. We offer a wide variety of product support for powertrain components found in all types of mobile equipment. Vehicles we support include light, medium, heavy duty and off-highway equipment applications.
Servicing Surrey, British Columbia and surrounding area, the Sales Project Manager will specialize in developing and maintaining long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our current customers, prospect new customers, and accurately record and report weekly sales results to assist in trend analysis and future marketing strategies. This position will include Inside/Outside Sales responsibilities and purchasing. The successful candidate MUST have automatic transmission product knowledge.
- Generate sales referrals by actively promoting and cross-selling products and services provided by the Gear Centre Group to new and existing customers
- Exceed client expectations through active account management and follow-up
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers in order to grow the business
- Confirm order quotes, handle product additions, deletions, changes, and returns, securing customer approval and placing product orders
- Complete weekly reporting on the results of sales visits to assists in trend analysis and future marketing strategies for the assigned territory
- Represent the interests of the Gear Centre Group at various customer related functions and trade shows
Qualifications and experience:
- MUST have automatic transmission product knowledge
- Light duty transmission experience would be considered an asset
- Proven business development, marketing, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and listening skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Excel
Successful candidates may be required to participate in our paid in-house training program in Edmonton, Alberta with flights, accommodations, meal allowance and vehicle provided. The training involves working within our retail divisions to develop a strong understanding of the product lines and services provided by the Gear Centre Group.
Competitive Compensation, Use of a Company Vehicle, Comprehensive Benefits and Paid In-House Training will be provided for the successful candidate.
All interested applicants are invited to apply, in confidence stating salary expectations, to: