Shipper and Receiver - Surrey, BC
The Gear Centre Group of Companies is a leading provider of powertrain parts and service for the automotive, heavy truck and off highway equipment industries.
We are currently seeking a Shipper and Receiver for our Surrey, BC location.
The Shipper and Receiver will perform a variety of functions including, but not limited to, shipping and receiving of product while ensuring accuracy of all orders. Occasional deliveries using a company half-ton truck may be required.
This position will start performing shipping and receiving duties to become familiar with the product and processes while working towards a Parts Person role.
- Coordinating all shipping and receiving of products within the branch
- Recording and properly storing product received into inventory
- Occasional deliveries using a company half - ton truck may be required
- 1-3 years of warehouse or shipping and receiving experience
- Proficient in MS Office with the ability to learn other software programs as required
- Partsperson Trade Certification program enrollment or mechanical aptitude would be considered an asset, but WILLING TO TRAIN the right candidate
- Strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy of all orders
- Previous parts experience, retail sales, or customer service experience is preferred
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to safely operate forklift and pallet jack
- Reliability, self-initiative and the ability to multi task
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience operating a forklift and working in a warehouse environment would be considered an asset
- Must have a valid Driver's License with an acceptable driver's abstract
For the Right Candidate, we OFFER:
- Opportunity to work towards a Parts Person role
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefit package including company paid health/dental/extended health, travel and life insurance premiums
- 50% of B.C. Health Care Services (MSP) premiums are paid by the company
- Employee Recognition Program
If you have a strong work ethic, a positive "can-do" attitude, and are interested in building a rewarding career, please submit your resume through this ad!
At the Gear Centre Group, we offer more than just a "job", we offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
Fax: to 1-888-452-9910
The Gear Centre Group
14713 - 116 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5M 3E8
Attention: Human Resources Department