Shop Labourer (Driveshaft Service Technician) - Surrey, BC
The Gear Centre Group of Companies is a leading provider of powertrain parts and service for the automotive, heavy truck and off highway equipment industries and includes multiple well established organizations with branches across Canada and we want you to be part of our continued success!
Pat’s Driveline, a division of The Gear Centre Group, is currently seeking a Shop Labourer for our Surrey, BC location.
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates who value winning together.
This position will be responsible for high quality manufacturing, repair and modification of a variety of driveshafts.
For the Right Candidate, We OFFER:
- Career growth opportunity
- Competitive industry standard wages
- Comprehensive Benefits package including company paid health / dental / extended health, travel and life insurance premiums
- Paid in-house training
- Gearwear bonus points
- Employee recognition program
- Rewarding team environment
- Perform mechanical repair work including but not limited to dismantling and reassembly of driveshaft units
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized workplace
- Ability to accurately use measuring tools (Vernier caliper, dial indicator & tape measure)
- Interest or experience in mechanics, welding and/or machining
- Manual lathe and/or shop experience considered an asset and willing to train the right applicant
- A strong mechanical aptitude is needed for this role
- Physically fit with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reliability, self-initiative and a team player
- Ability to prioritize, working within a fast paced shop environment
At The Gear Centre Group, we offer more than just a “job”, we offer Competitive Wages, Comprehensive Benefits, and Career Advancement Opportunities!