Transmission Technician - Mississauga, ON
The Gear Centre Group of Companies, a leader in remanufacturing, supply and installation of drivetrain components found in all types of mobile equipment is currently looking for a Transmission Technician for our location in Mississauga, Ontario.
Shift Information: Full-time, permanent position - Monday to Friday, daytime hours (40), with overtime as required.
Work Environment: New, large, clean modern shop with vehicle lifts and special tooling provided.
Pay Information: $25.64 - $35.00 (To be negotiated)
Location: #3, 7337 Pacific Circle, Mississauga, ON, L5T 1V1
- Component remanufacturing of transmissions, torque converters, axels, transfer cases, and industrial gearboxes
- Removal and reinstallation of drivetrain components
- Failure analysis reporting
- Dyno testing
- Electronic diagnostics
- Achieve standard repair times
- Follow work procedures as per ISO 9001:2015 guidelines
- Work as a team with all co-workers to achieve an efficient, productive working environment
- Experience with automatic/manual transmission and differential rebuild in light, medium, heavy duy and off-highway industrial applications is required
- ZF, Dana (Clark), Funk and Allison transmissions as well as planetary axles would be considered an asset
- Apprentice and/or Journeyman 310S Automotive Service Technician, Truck and Transport Mechanic or Certified 310D Transmission Technician or eligibility to obtain
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and understand rebuild procedures as well as interpret technical repair manuals
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and willigness to learn
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
The Successful Candidate Must Have:
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Competency in English language
- Their own tools and steel-toed safety boots
- A valid driver's licence and ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle (clean abstract required)
For the Right Candidate, We OFFER:
- Career growth opportunity
- Paid training through our comprehensive in-house training program
- Competitive wages and remuneration package
- Comprehensive benefit package including company paid health/dental/extended health, travel and life insurenace premiums
- Gear Wear bonus points
- Employee recognition program
- Rewarding team environment
- Assistance with relocation costs, as applicable
If you have a strong work ethic with a positive "can-do" attitude and are interested in building a rewarding career, please apply by email or fax.
At The Gear Centre Group of Companies, We offer more than just a "job". We offer Competitive Wages, Comprehensive Benefits, and Career Advancement Opportunities!