Junior Buyer - Edmonton, AB
The Gear Centre Group, a leading provider of powertrain parts and service for the automotive, heavy truck and off highway equipment industries, is currently seeking a Junior Buyer in Edmonton, AB.
The Junior Buyer is responsible for specifically sourcing, pricing and negotiating with vendors on various materials and equipment. Experience or education relating to customs would be considered an asset but not required, as training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Strong problem solving, judgment and decision making skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of departments, suppliers, senior management, and sales staff
- A basic understanding of mechanical components and parts would be considered an asset in this role
For The Right Candidate we OFFER:
- Career Growth Opportunity
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefit package including company paid health/dental/extended health, travel and life insurance premiums
- Gearwear bonus points
- Employee Recognition Program
- Rewarding team environment
If you have a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn with a positive "can do" attitude, and are interested in building a rewarding career, please submit your resume in confidence to:
The Gear Centre Group
14713 - 116 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5M 3E8
Attention: Human Resources Department
We are proud to be dedicated to Equity in the workplace and encourage all interested candidates to apply.