Construction Project Coordinator - Edmonton, AB
The Gear Centre Group of Companies includes multiple well established organizations with branches across Canada and we want you to be part of our continued success!
We are currently recruiting for the position of Construction Project Coordinator in Edmonton, AB. Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates who value winning together.
In this position, the Project Coordinator will support the project management team in ensuring projects are executed on time, within scope, and on budget. The Project Coordinator must also have first-hand knowledge and experience in commercial building and construction projects.
- Assist the Project Manager to develop and monitor the initial sequencing of construction activities, project budget, and outlining components such as labour, materials and equipment
- Develop technical documentation and ensure accurate record keeping
- Interpret Architectural and structural drawings
- Complete final cost estimates of a project, incorporating all labour, equipment and material data, pricing documentation, overheads, etc.
- Assists with change management and change order process, including pricing, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact before reviewing with project manager.
- Coordinate weekly meetings and record minutes
- Complete construction site inspections to ensure appropriate quality control
- Assist Project Manager with overall project closeout, including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Diploma in Construction Engineering Technology
- Minimum 5-10 years of building/ construction project management and planning experience
- Must be able to create drawings proficiently using AutoCAD
- Must be proficient with using Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent planning and time management skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Some travel will be required based on project demands
We Offer Excellent Wages, Comprehensive Benefits, and Career Growth Opportunity!
We are proud to be dedicated to Equity in the workplace and encourage all interested candidates to apply.