Customs Broker, Edmonton
R.W. Gibson Consulting Services Ltd., a division of The Gear Centre Group of Companies, is currently seeking a Customs Broker in our west end Edmonton office.
Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates who value winning together. At The Gear Centre Group of Companies, we offer more than just a "job", we offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
The Customs Broker will be responsible for managing the customs department and the administration of all functions associated with import and export as well as freight forwarding and compliance audits.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of provincial, federal and international trade compliance regulations for both import and export compliance
- Advise personnel on required times to obtain any required authorizations and ensure program delivery commitments include sufficient lead times
- Review all transactions to determine licensing requirements and the applicability of any available license exemptions or exceptions
- Approve technical data releases and shipment authorizations
- Advise management on trade policy issues that may affect decisions and timing
- Respond in a timely manner to audit requests, and participate in internal and external audits
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain, International Trade or a related field
- Certified Customs Specialist or Certified Trade Compliance specialist designation is considered an asset
- 5 year plus experience in international trade compliance
- Must have a leadership style which encourages collaboration, cooperation and team work and have the ability to successfully challenge and motivate others
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs and the ability to adapt to other software programs as required