Accounts Payable Representative - Edmonton, AB
The Gear Centre Group of Companies includes multiple well established organizations with branches across Canada and we want you to be part of our continued success!
We are currently recruiting for the position of Accounts Payable Representative at our Administration Office in Edmonton, AB. Join our team and experience a rewarding and challenging work environment with skilled and supportive teammates who value winning together.
The Accounts Payable Representative is responsible for reviewing and accurately processing documents for a specified operating unit or internal client group. This key role also validates entries, issues cheques, and prepares select journal entries. The Accounts Payable Representative is the first point of contact for resolution of account discrepancies and procedural inquiries.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Full cycle AP including invoice matching, batching, coding and cheque runs for high volume divisions
- Designated liasion for operating branches, key internal customers and suppliers
- Open/aged invoice and related PO status review, in addition to other exception reporting and follow-up requirements
- ensures timely approvals to facilitate invoice processing with payment terms
- Escalates issues appropriately if immediate resolution is not reached, with proper follow-up
- Other administrative duties, as required
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years related experience in accounts payable
- Strong knowledge of Excel and other MS office programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- High degree od accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organized individual who thrives in a team atmosphere
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced and professional office environment
We Offer Excellent Wages, Comprehensive Company Paid Benefits, and
Career Growth Opportunity!
or by fax: (780) 452-9910.
Please visit our company website at www.gearcentregroup.com